- Mar 16, 2014
- Dark Rebellion RP
Experience Star Wars Galaxies Roleplay unlike ever before!
Website | YouTube | Discord | Repository
Introducing Dark Rebellion, a project that has been five years in the making. Dark Rebellion is unlike other SWGEmu Roleplaying adventures, with the server code being converted to support elements of roleplay not unlike Tabletop Simulator, or Roll20. Dark Rebellion is solely dedicated to roleplaying adventures, utilizing every asset and function of SWG to set the stage and support fascinating stories, interesting characters, and daring battles.
Dark Rebellion offers roleplay opportunities that only come about when the server is solely dedicated to it.
With Dungeon Master tools, we can produce new planets, cities, or scenes quickly to explore a new story that would otherwise be hindered by the need to support standard gameplay. Our new tools offer many new roles as well, for those who enjoy roleplaying in this great game.
- D20 styled turn based combat for immersive roleplaying encounters. Utilizes the game's skill and HAM system to track skill points and health.
- Combat animations integrated into dice rolls and roleplaying combat. No more standing around emoting that you've shot your gun!
- DM tools allow Dungeon Masters to bring the world to life through NPC interaction, scene creation, and more.
- Opportunities to create the character you've always wanted, with free clothing (that can be recolored on the fly), additional species (thanks to EiF), multiple character slots, and more.
- Custom planets and zones allow us to utilize everything the game has to offer for roleplay. Ever wanted to roleplay on the bridge of a Star Destroyer? Rapidly escape the Corellian Corvette? Uncover a mystery on new and dangerous planets? We also feature POB ships as structures (though we do not have JTL, of course.)
- No grind, no maintenance, just creative freedom. Ever wanted to build the perfect roleplaying interior with everything at your disposal? Want to create a city or a base without having to grind the credits to keep it standing? We love to invite decorators who have always wanted to stretch their creative muscle. We have ways of saving your work as well, so your decorations will never be lost!
- Utinni integration: Utilize gizmos when decorating, or plugins to help perform other feats as the server works to fully integrate Utinni wherever possible.
- Custom launcher: We are utilizing a custom launcher that helps ensure your client is quickly updated without hassle.
Dark Rebellion takes place in the original Expanded Universe canon, immediately after Return of the Jedi, in an Infinities-style alternate "What-If" timeline. In this new timeline, the team of Rebels on Endor were unsuccessful in taking down the shield generator protecting the Death Star II. As a result, the Death Star destroyed the sanctuary moon, killing everyone on the surface. Trapped between a fully operational battle station and an Imperial armada, the Rebel fleet was destroyed. In one fell swoop, the Alliance's leaders and heroes were eliminated, ending the Rebellion.
Unfortunately for the Empire, however, it was a pyrrhic victory. Shortly after reducing the Rebel fleet to atoms, the Death Star II turned on the Imperial fleet, destroying the Super Star Destroyer Executor before jumping to lightspeed. Unable to contact the station or find its current location, the Empire stands motionless as its Emperor has gone AWOL. Ambitious individuals find themselves steeling their hand incase Palpatine returns with the most powerful weapon in the galaxy at his control, but some are beginning to wonder if Palpatine ever truly will return.
While the Rebellion is destroyed, and its hope whisked away, there are still many who believe the Empire should be toppled. Unable to agree on any one dogma, the remaining forces of the Alliance have splintered in a number of groups, ranging from a hardened militia, a force of vigilantes, a political movement to turn the Empire back into the Republic, and a group of veterans who simply want revenge.
Who will you be in this dark new future for the galaxy? Will you bring change to the Empire? Restore the Alliance? Form a new Jedi Order? Or will you simply follow the credits?
Dark Rebellion is currently looking for anyone who is interested in decorating, world design, and even more Dungeon Masters as well as players. We're also happy to invite anyone who can create new custom content. It is our policy that any content you create for Dark Rebellion is something you can and should take with you to other servers you might be involved with.
Our development comes hand in hand with roleplay. Starting off, we'll be focusing on a single world with it's own chapter and plot to help us get our bearings, fully master the tools at our disposal, and create new areas to expand the plot of the roleplay further. As of this writing, we have great progress on our first hub world, Tatooine, as we seek to replace all planets and cities in SWG with ones designed with roleplay and immersion in mind.
Join us today!
We hope Dark Rebellion will realize the dreams of any SWG Roleplayer. Having roleplayed on live, and on Basilisk, it has been a wondrous opportunity with what the game provided in its vanilla state. However, we are always held back by the requirements of play. Dark Rebellion is offered to you to see how far we can take roleplay. It's story is designed to give you a new and different galaxy to explore with characters you might've had since launch in 2003. As SWGEmu nears 1.0, here's to taking the game and exploring its limitations.
Website | Discord | Repository