Galaxies Mesh Suite for Blender

Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
35
#21
Kayliaah said:
You should use a random helmet instead, like composite and replace it with your glasses mesh for more awesomeness.
I'll let you tweak the position lol.
Well, I don't own a Composite helmet on Lib, and in order to see it, I gotta use what I have :p

As for position, I know it's correct, I imported the head mesh into blender and just modeled the glasses right over it. Why do you think I wanted the importer so bad :)

I'm re-writing the exporter core, should make it faster (it was already pretty quick), and fix an error I had where triangles would get dropped. The method came to me while I was trying to sleep last night, it seems to check out, and I will be totally ready to release for you guys once it's working, probably in a few hours.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
322
#22
Lib? Why Lib?
Ugh USE NOVA!

So your best ideas come from when you're trying to sleep too? That's neat.
Best ideas are when I'm asleep, I can remember them until like 30 minutes after I wake up, and since I always forget to take notes...

Anyways, I like screenshots, a hundred should do right?
 

DavinFelth

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
165
#23
Sunrunner_Charina said:
I'm re-writing the exporter core, should make it faster (it was already pretty quick), and fix an error I had where triangles would get dropped. The method came to me while I was trying to sleep last night, it seems to check out, and I will be totally ready to release for you guys once it's working, probably in a few hours.
Yaaaaaay! :D Time to get Blender I guess haha...

Also, don't forget to upload it to the Downloads section! :D
 

wefi

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
47
#24
sweet, i bee doing this in the NGE version, since im lazy on the EMU.

gtg to work, wee excited
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
322
#26
What do I get for being the first to download it?
This is definitely a step in the right direction, here have a cookie.
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
35
#27
Kayliaah said:
What do I get for being the first to download it?
This is definitely a step in the right direction, here have a cookie.
You get the cheese glasses, the first successfully exported mesh made with it! Check your PM's.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
322
#29
Sunrunner_Charina said:
Kayliaah said:
What do I get for being the first to download it?
This is definitely a step in the right direction, here have a cookie.
You get the cheese glasses, the first successfully exported mesh made with it! Check your PM's.
It's got to be christmas early or something, I GET THE HIPSTER CHEESE GLASSES.
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
35
#35
wefi said:
issue im running into is the Weighing part, not sure what it suppose to look like once done.
It's not really supposed to look any different, unless you're using weight painting, in which case, just make sure you get all the verts.

Quick tip: Add vertex group, name it face_root, select all vertices, assign to vert group. Boom. Instant mesh attached to your character's head.
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
35
#38
Sorry about the lack of updates, guys. Real life just caught up to me VERY quickly and I've been trying to sort things out and get back to work on the updater. Things seem to be going allright now, and I'll have a chance to start scripting again sometime tomorrow.
 

Uli

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
208
#39
Sunrunner_Charina said:
Sorry about the lack of updates, guys. Real life just caught up to me VERY quickly and I've been trying to sort things out and get back to work on the updater. Things seem to be going allright now, and I'll have a chance to start scripting again sometime tomorrow.
No worries.