New Pre-CU Planet: Hoth

Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#1
This is a very long thread. That's because the assets involved with a full Hoth return are complex...

They will require a little bit more time to develop to a working condition.

In the meantime, I am very close to releasing the terrain and environment to Hoth, keep checking back.



many screenshots and lengthy discussion follow....
 

Nee

Member
Oct 27, 2016
47
0
6
EARTH
#6
Totally AWESOME and i can't wait to begin testing my quest-content for potential Post-1.0 era.

I've been cyber-dreaming for years about HOTH + Pre-cu .

So impressed--and appreciative--of your work, Takhomasak.

regards, Nee
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#8
Halyn said:
Important question - are you running this on the latest unstable code from SWGEmu? They recently broke compatibility with NGE POBs.
oh noooooooo!

My last /latest was last week.

I can still make the planet regardless - PLUS I've now carved out a terrain niche that will fit Echo Base in the future...if this is fixed.


Now... I encountered MANY problems getting it to work.  Perhaps it's not completely broken?
 

Nee

Member
Oct 27, 2016
47
0
6
EARTH
#9
Takhomasak said:
Halyn said:
Important question - are you running this on the latest unstable code from SWGEmu? They recently broke compatibility with NGE POBs.


Now... I encountered MANY problems getting it to work.  Perhaps it's not completely broken?
What types of problems?

And what do you mean by "it's not completely broken" ?
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#10
Nee said:
Takhomasak said:
Halyn said:
Important question - are you running this on the latest unstable code from SWGEmu? They recently broke compatibility with NGE POBs.


Now... I encountered MANY problems getting it to work.  Perhaps it's not completely broken?
What types of problems?

And what do you mean by "it's not completely broken" ?
well, if he's referring to this:

http://198.255.112.122/gitweb?p=Core3.git;a=commit;h=caee90e4e99b3119d4619e0cfb2f57713dbdc67e

?

I am pretty sure that I built the test server I used after that commit - as in built it fresh, let it pull from latest.

It took me a while to get it to the point where the client would recognize it, load the interior fully.  Then, when I loaded it onto the server, it took me a while to figure out how to create the file structure for it, and how to get it to load the interior layout file items correctly.

So, just problems in trial-and-error.  One or two things working beyond logic.  I just got it working on the Choice test server tonight, which hasn't been updated for three or four weeks, and definitely doesn't have the change Halyn was talking about.

Hoping that I either worked my way around it, the change wasn't so bad, or it can be selectively reversed...


---edit I see Sat the 22nd as the commit date. So... I haven't since then. That one seems like it would be a snag, but surely somebody could make a converter, or perhaps the variables are editable in SIE for "[Refactor] Appearance templates to load data necessary for navmesh creation"


----edit 2---
AHHhhhhhhh http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187627
 

Nee

Member
Oct 27, 2016
47
0
6
EARTH
#11
Well, my IDE is updated to Nova latest code within minutes of it being merged, and my server is always pure & un-modded (since all i ever do is Mantis bug fixes and missing content implementations for 1.0 ) ... so if/when i get the time (and courage) to incorporate your Taanab stuff and your Hoth stuff whenever it's ready, i guess i'll find out lol.

Either way, for Post-1.0 era , it'll all need to be compatible eventually.
 
Dec 20, 2012
33
0
6
#12
Used "git log" and "git checkout" on MMOengine and MMOCoreORB for continue your work.

My community search how to work that.

If we find we helpyou to fix your structure.

Tanaab work fine with last update.
 

Halyn

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Jan 11, 2015
235
9
18
34
www.writingunderduress.com
#13
I don't currently have any NGE POBs on my server, but that will likely change in time - if for no other reason than JtL introducing more POBs later on that I'll want. Fixing this issue is way beyond me, though.
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#14
I am trying to investigate this. I am gonna suspend work on Hoth til I'm sure I'm not wasting my time. This is distressing... I spent a LOT of time the past two weeks getting E.B. working.
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#16
Wow.  I just learned that FBIT works on pre-CU maps, and successfully painted my own terrain.

So I just spent a month of my life learning procedural rules for nothing...

This revelation, combined with what seems to be a deal breaker for my Hoth in this new code...  I am not sure how this project will proceed. I spent the past week creating land to accommodate the echo base model, now the model won't work, and I just managed to paint the NGE land over it in about 15 seconds.

hmmmm
 
Likes: netyoda

Sytner

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Sep 18, 2010
382
21
38
#18
Takhomasak said:
Wow.  I just learned that FBIT works on pre-CU maps, and successfully painted my own terrain.

So I just spent a month of my life learning procedural rules for nothing...

This revelation, combined with what seems to be a deal breaker for my Hoth in this new code...  I am not sure how this project will proceed. I spent the past week creating land to accommodate the echo base model, now the model won't work, and I just managed to paint the NGE land over it in about 15 seconds.

hmmmm
Not a waste, you still have to add water, shading and flora and such with the rules ;)
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#19
Sytner said:
Takhomasak said:
Wow.  I just learned that FBIT works on pre-CU maps, and successfully painted my own terrain.

So I just spent a month of my life learning procedural rules for nothing...

This revelation, combined with what seems to be a deal breaker for my Hoth in this new code...  I am not sure how this project will proceed. I spent the past week creating land to accommodate the echo base model, now the model won't work, and I just managed to paint the NGE land over it in about 15 seconds.

hmmmm
Not a waste, you still have to add water, shading and flora and such with the rules ;)
True.   and it's really fun...  painting a middle finger over Mustafar...

The POB thing may not affect me, still investigating.
 
Aug 17, 2014
229
1
18
#20
OK, back on thread topic:

it seems I can manually convert Echo Base, so it's still on.

The rest will be cake.

Then...  I have more work to do.