Reckoning is a Pre-CU SWG server powered by SWGEmu. Reckoning is staffed by experienced Pre-CU players whose common goal is to bring Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies back to the masses while also striving to provide the best possible playing experience to our community. We firmly believe that Pre-CU did things right, our end goal is to take SWG Pre-CU and grow the experience. While we might add new items, features and quests, we will never mess with or alter the core Pre-CU experience.
The Reckoning Berkeley Database & MySQL Database are backed up every 6 hours on a remote SSD provided by our host. We also perform local hourly rolling backups. We are a permanent play server, as such we take loss of data very seriously and will do everything in our power to protect your game data.
Our server is run on the following hardware:
- Processor: 2x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630v3, 16 Cores/32 threads
- Memory: 128GB DDR4 ECC 1866 MHz
- Disks: 2x SSD SATA 480GB / 2x HDD SATA 2TB / 500GB SSD Backup
Core features, updates and information
- CU and NGE Items and Features :: While we believe the NGE ruined the game as a whole, it did bring some cool new elements with it. With that being said, we decided to integrate a few things from the CU & NGE such as player housing, armors, speeders, furniture, and pitch/roll into the server. Other items from later versions of game will be added as we progress.
- Jedi information :: Reckoning uses custom glowing requirements, unique to each character, and a tweaked version of the Village, with phases coming every 2 weeks in place of every 3 weeks. We were one of the first servers to implement the Knight Trials and the Force Ranking System (FRS). Reckoning has kept up and has one of the most advanced Force Ranking Systems to date. We have working modifiers, robes, titles alongside additional force per rank. Advancement in the FRS is done through the Petitioning, Voting and Accepting system; we have also implemented the Demotion system. We have updated Force Rank Experience gain to better reflect the PvP landscape and alleviate illegal fight-clubbing.
- TEFs :: Reckoning has a Pre-Publish 13 PvP System and a custom player city alignment system. In place of the post-Publish 13 system of On Leave, Combatant and Special Forces, we have the older system of Covert and Overt with TEFs (Temporary Enemy Flags).
- Player cities and housing :: Player City requirements have been adjusted to help mayors maintain their cities. In addition, you can now align your city with your faction. In doing so, players of the opposing faction will gain a PvP City TEF. One thing that we have always thought was limiting to players was house storage, on Reckoning, we have increased the storage limits for all housing. We are also the first to implement player structure packup, allowing players to packup a structure with all items intact, and unpack it at another location, saving players countless hours redecorating their homes.
- Quality of Life changes :: Automatic resource upload to Galaxy Harvester(twice a day), Dual city specialization, named saber crystals, galaxy wide invite, vehicle datapad increased to 8, politician experience increased to 500 per vote, bazaar and player vendor item and duration increased by double, one million resource stacks, one thousand factory crate stacks, non-functioning SEA's removed, and increased mission capacity.
- Game Client Enhancements :: High Resolution Textures and UI Changes are available as selectable options via our launcher to enhance your gaming experience while playing on SWG Reckoning. Prefer the classic SWG experience? Leave them unchecked! Want to take your client to the next level? Check them!
We hope that you'll choose Reckoning as your permanent SWG home. With proven stability and longevity, we look forward to seeing our community to continue to grow and flourish for many more years to come. Joining Reckoning is as easy as following our How To Connect guide and then clicking "PLAY" on our launcher.
Likes: eqsanctum and Dirtnose