[UNMAINTAINED] The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#41
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Thanks! :)

Working on the rewrite at the moment. I've a ton of documentation now, so legit tools should be out once I get done to finish coding it.
 
Dec 15, 2012
61
2
8
#42
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Check the WS editor again. when you go to add an object, it adds to the list of iff's in the snapshot's manifest every variant of what is entered.

example:

object/building/yavin/.iff
object/building/yavin/shared_temple_blueleaf.iff

Seems like it adds the file before you even enter the remainder of the template path.
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#43
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Yeah I know, it was the way I have it with split controls (one DropDown for the path, one for the name) and I never added something to clean it in the end.

That'll be different with the rewrite.

Ty for the feedback though.
 
Dec 15, 2012
61
2
8
#44
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

It doesn't seem like the ws editor is loading POB's quite right still.

I was able to add one POB structure, however the second one would only add two cells as opposed to the thirteen in its .pob
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#45
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Hm, odd.

Can you give me an example .pob that gives ya problems?
 

tatwi

New Member
May 31, 2012
65
0
0
41
www.tpot.ca
#46
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

So I was working on clearing out all the buildings in Coronet that can't be entered, apart from the sky scraper types, and I found that it would super great if your toolbox had a search by coordinates function that returns all objects at that location. In order for that to work though, it would have to be a loose search, such that it would return results that are +/-10 units from the location specified. You could even allow the user to enter that fudge factor.

[Search X] [Search Y] [Fudge (default 10)]

Would be handy for finding the file associated with an object, when you are standing near or on the object in the game (you know where it is, but not what it is).

------------

Another thing that would be SUPER helpful is if we could group the list of items by object names. So many items have the same name that it is both easy and hard to find the one you're looking for. Easy in that you know the name, hard in that it's somewhere hidden a giant list of everything (like factory crates!).

These are the things I have noticed so far. This is a great tool btw. :)
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#47
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Yeah the XY + radius search/filter was something I wanted to do initially, but then forgot about. I'll definitely include it in the rewrite, ty for bringing that up.

Hm, yeah good point about the grouping, I'll have to think about it, see how to do it so it makes the most sense UX wise, even if it's as simple highlighting all the nodes that you're looking for, but I hope I can come up with something better. It definitely annoyed me too.
 

tatwi

New Member
May 31, 2012
65
0
0
41
www.tpot.ca
#48
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Timbab said:
Hm, yeah good point about the grouping, I'll have to think about it, see how to do it so it makes the most sense UX wise, even if it's as simple highlighting all the nodes that you're looking for, but I hope I can come up with something better. It definitely annoyed me too.
You could have a toggle that changes the node view to a standard UI list view (of only the currently selected node), similar to the detailed view of Explorer. Then to sort the items by name all one would needs to do is click the column name. When they are finished, they could press the button to toggle back to node view.

That's one way, which may or may not be easy to program.
 
Nov 5, 2012
10
0
0
#49
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Wanted to drop by again and say thanks for this. The TRE Explorer (even updated one none-the-less) had some messed up values in the datatables for some .iff files in the questtask folder. Planet name of "ooine" lol. I was thinking that we would have no choice but to make scripts. Now we just gotta script how the player will get the quest and when to go on to the next task. Again, thank you so much for your work with the modding community! Couldn't be re-creating the galaxy without you <3
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#50
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Waverunner said:
Wanted to drop by again and say thanks for this. The TRE Explorer (even updated one none-the-less) had some messed up values in the datatables for some .iff files in the questtask folder. Planet name of "ooine" lol. I was thinking that we would have no choice but to make scripts. Now we just gotta script how the player will get the quest and when to go on to the next task. Again, thank you so much for your work with the modding community! Couldn't be re-creating the galaxy without you <3
Aw, thanks! :)

Happy that it's of some use!

I'll try to have my rewrite out soon, it'll hopefully bring better performance and load times on some of the really 'complex' datatables, amongst other features.

If you ever have any requests or ideas that'd make general workflow easier and faster, just let me know.

tatwi said:
Timbab said:
Hm, yeah good point about the grouping, I'll have to think about it, see how to do it so it makes the most sense UX wise, even if it's as simple highlighting all the nodes that you're looking for, but I hope I can come up with something better. It definitely annoyed me too.
You could have a toggle that changes the node view to a standard UI list view (of only the currently selected node), similar to the detailed view of Explorer. Then to sort the items by name all one would needs to do is click the column name. When they are finished, they could press the button to toggle back to node view.

That's one way, which may or may not be easy to program.
Sorry, didn't see this until now!

Hm, good idea!

Thinking about it, I might even see if I can slap in a couple of different filtering/sorting layouts, see what works the best based on feedback or just keep them all in.

Keep the suggestions coming! :)
 
Jun 6, 2014
1
0
0
#51
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha v1.0

rosuto said:
Sweet, now that you are making all these new and awesome things I'm starting to feel the urge to maybe do something. Maybe make another house or rip the sht creator out the msh exporter since you have a much better version.
Very good work, support
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#52
RE: The Jawa Toolbox - Alpha - Update v1.22 - 15.07.14

Added a mirror, seems the other host is temporarily down.

P.S. Again, I dropped support for this, expect it to be buggy and iffy. Working on v2.0 atm, but progress has been slow due to distractions.
 

tatwi

New Member
May 31, 2012
65
0
0
41
www.tpot.ca
#53
The world for a search or "list only ____ objects" in the WS editor window. Rooting through a huge list to find one shared_planter_generic_style_4 that I want to move a few feet reminds me why people invented search engines. :)

Still loving the tool, Timbab!

I wish there was a way to dump the

[Item#] object_name [X,Y,Z location]

data from a WS to a plain text file. Then I could search the text file for the item name I want and
match it to the X location. Doing it manually by scrolling through the list is tough!
 

Timbab

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
1,044
36
48
28
Magna Germania
#54
I ported this to SIE a few weeks ago, just hasn't been released as we're aiming for a bigger release atm. :)

http://imgur.com/a/YIMaG (Older screenshot, still a bit WIP).

This has all the filtering and searching you'd need I think. You can also order them by alphabetical order of the path, name, ID, X/Y, etc.

Would you still need that output then, with that in place?

Also any other feature requests? :p

Appreciate the post, though! :)
 

tatwi

New Member
May 31, 2012
65
0
0
41
www.tpot.ca
#55
Timbab said:
I ported this to SIE a few weeks ago, just hasn't been released as we're aiming for a bigger release atm. :)

http://imgur.com/a/YIMaG (Older screenshot, still a bit WIP).

This has all the filtering and searching you'd need I think. You can also order them by alphabetical order of the path, name, ID, X/Y, etc.

Would you still need that output then, with that in place?

Also any other feature requests? :p

Appreciate the post, though! :)
/wookieehug

I love you man... I really do! :)