- Sep 18, 2010
The original maps managed to attract quite a following, so by popular request here's the first update! Plenty more planned for subsequent releases if the demand continues.
New since 1.0:
- Resolution increased from 1024x1024 to 4096x4096
- Flora and cities rendered
- Constant LOD
For the final 2.0 release within a few months:
- Full resolution 16k x 16k release with client patch utility to enable it. This is already done:
- Improved water - currently it just looks flat from directly above with the orthographic projection
- Bug fix for clipped Theed building
- Shadows and further improved lighting (this will take longer due to difficulties in how the map is constructed)
- Possibly some tweaks that will trade off 100% accuracy with making the maps a bit easier on the eye
- Fog - can't be done like in SWG but something should be possible
If you have the old maps installed, remove them from your texture override directory.
Move sytners_sat_maps_2.tre to your SWG directory and add it to swgemu_live.cfg, e.g:
There is a known issue where some people experience the maps tiling. Hopefully we can route cause this, but some potential fixes are:
- Make sure you deleted the old maps!
- Force your client to use shader model 2.0 (they do work for me with 1.4 however).
Mirrors to follow.